Grant Announcement via Louisiana NonProfits Blog:
Posted: 13 Sep 2010 12:16 PM PDT
The Gulfsouth Youth Action Fund, a youth philanthropy initiative that engages youth as leaders and empowers them with the resources to make strategic investments in their peers and their communities, is seeking nominations for the 2010 Youth Change Maker Awards. These prestigious awards honor outstanding young people, ages 7 through 25, who have shown exemplary leadership in recovery, education, entrepreneurship and community service initiatives in the Gulfsouth region. If you are or know of a young person who fits this criteria, please fill out and return the nomination form. Self-nominations are accepted.
Nominations are being accepted for six categories: • The Going Green Change Maker Award (ages 7-18) will honor a young person leading the way in environmental activism.
• The Creative Arts/Communications Change Maker Award (ages 7-18) will honor an outstanding young person leading the way in the field of media, the arts or communications.
• The Service Leader Change Maker Award (ages 7-18) will honor an outstanding young person engaged in advancing social causes through entrepreneurial innovations.
• The Rising Change Maker Award will honor a young person in grade 2-5 for outstanding community leadership.
• The Collaborative Change Maker Award (ages 7-18) will honor a group or organization comprised entirely of youth 18 years old and under for outstanding work in their community.
• The Youth Ally/Advisor Change Maker Award (age 18-25) will honor a college student or young adult leading the way in youth service efforts in his or her community. Finalists will be recognized and winners announced during the
Youth Change Maker Awards Dinner on October 16, 2010 at Tulane University, Lavin-Bernick Center, 2nd floor. Each Youth Change Maker Award recipient will be honored with a $500 donation to a non-profit organization or project of his or her choice. The deadline for nominations is September 17, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. Nomination forms should be typed or printed. Only completed forms will be reviewed.
The nomination review process is highly competitive and is undertaken by a panel of youth and adult judges. Nomination forms can be downloaded here. Please send completed nomination forms to:
The Gulfsouth Youth Action Fund 2010
“Change Maker” Awards
1700 Josephine Street
New Orleans, LA 70113 Nominations may also be received electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you should have any questions or need assistance completing the nomination form, please feel free to contact Angela Anthony at (504) 529-1922 ext.114 or email@example.com. Operation REACH, Inc.2115 Carondelet Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
504-529-1922 ext. 106