February 15, 2011
WHEN: February 15, 2011 from 9 AM– 4 PM
WHERE: St Joseph’s Abbey Retreat Center 75376 River Rd.; Covington, LA 70457
WHAT: A one-day, hands-on, interactive, collaborative workshop that covers:
* Social Media Basics * Facebook Pages & Causes for Nonprofits * Online Fundraising Options * FREE tools for nonprofits available online * The questions & needs of the nonprofits represented
Each participating organization will create new sites & accounts for raising funds online by the end of the day!
Participants will learn how to:
- Create a social media strategy
- Write effective social media policies
- Choose appropriate social media platforms for their organization
- Create and Maintain a Facebook Page for their organization
- Create and Utilize a Causes Page on Facebook
- Use YouTube to increase awareness & drive donations
- Create and Maintain an organizational Blog
- Create and Maintain a Twitter presence for their organization
- Draft effective social media messages
- Schedule messages for future posting to multiple platforms (Blog, Facebook, Twitter)
- Set up auto-posting from their Blog to their Website, Facebook and/or Twitter sites
- Set up automatic emailing of blog posts to subscribers
- Use free online tools to meet the needs of their organization
- Understand and compare the options available for soliciting online donations
- Create & Utilize free online fundraising accounts on multiple platforms
- Locate alternative online fundraising opportunities (beyond soliciting donations)
WHY: Does your nonprofit need funding for projects or operations? Are you maximizing the use of social media and web 2.0 to capture unrestricted funding? This workshop is different from many social media courses because it is designed to give representatives the opportunity to actually put social media principles into practice. Past participants have commented that the ability to network and learn from each other was extremely helpful. Collaboration is the word of the workshop day! Participants leave with knowledge, skills, and accounts, but most importantly a network of other nonprofit professionals to continue to learn from long after the workshop ends.
WHO: Course facilitator is Lauren Coudrain. However, due to the interactivity of this workshop, participants will have the opportunity to network and learn from each other throughout the day. Lauren Coudrain is the former Assistant Director of St. Tammany Parish Government’s Department of Health & Human Services where she served as Parish liaison to the nonprofit sector. She is an appointed committee member for the National Community Development Association, a board member of the St. Tammany West Chamber of Commerce, a charter member and the 2011 chair for the Northshore Rising Professionals, and a graduate of the Leadership St. Tammany program. Through interactions with many nonprofit organizations in need of funding, Lauren recognized a decline in the effectiveness of traditional fundraising. As President and CEO of The Coudrain Group, she encourages all nonprofit organizations to diversify funding sources and assists clients with integrating social media as a means to reaching online fundraising success.
HOW: Please visit: http://www.thecoudrain.com/register
Cost is $199 per person and includes lunch. Cost is $149 per person for nonprofits sending 2 or more representatives. Cost is FREE for Social Fundraising Workshop Alumni.
Pay via PayPal by visiting: http://www.thecoudrain.com/register
Or via check payable to: The Coudrain Group P.O. Box 558 Mandeville, LA 70470-0558
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or The Coudrain Group at 985-377-9767.